Sunday, September 7, 2008

Olympic Failure

I must confess I was not among those knitters burning the midnight oil with caffeine and wine to get my project done. Nope, I threw in the towel by the start of week 2. It was clear that I didn’t have the time or even the motivation to complete the sweater within the timeframe. My life had been missing me during the semester and it was time to get back to it. I did get a decent chunk completed though: the back, left front and about half of the right front. It knits a lot faster than I would have thought.




Even though I didn’t finish, it was a fun excuse to cast on a project I’ve been wanting to try. I think I am really going to enjoy this sweater and will hopefully finish it sometime soon. Just in time for sweater season.




I did learn quite a bit from the Ravelympics. I learned that after a semester of having almost all my time spoken for, it’s hard to get motivated. I also learned that there are some serious overachievers on Ravelry!

No comments: