Sunday, September 14, 2008

At last, an FO

I won't discuss how long it's been since I've blogged an FO. I finished the Koolhaas hat on Friday. I really like how it turned out. I was nervous in the beginning because it didn't look like I was doing it right but then the pattern began to appear and it was all good. I learned to cable without a cable needle for this project and it was definitely a godsend. Not only was it faster but I didn't have to worry about having a cable needle handy when I wanted to work on it (I tend to lose these things). It knit up very fast, taking only about two weeks of sporadic knitting to complete. And it fits its recipient nicely.




I knit it out of Malabrigo worsted in a brown/grey colourway. I can't find the tag so I don't know the exact name but it's a good masculine colour. I'm surprised I didn't get bored of this because I usually prefer more interesting colours. The slight variegation helped keep my attention I think.

I'm making good progress on Hanami. I just finished chart E so I have charts F and G left and then the ruffle. I want to get this done before September 28 because I am going to Paris for 8 days and won't be back until two days before the event I want to wear it for. That doesn't allow a lot of time for blocking and there's no guarantee that I'd be able to get it done in Paris anyway. I think September 28 is doable though so long as I stay mostly monogamous.

1 comment:

yarnpiggy said...

Very nice koolhaas! I'm about the only person I know who hasn't made one yet...might be just the thing for some of my MMMMMalabrigo. :-)