Thursday, April 17, 2008

Third time's the charm?

May that be the last time I have to do that. I had my re-excision today. It was early, 8am which I far prefer to the afternoon slot. It was also shorter than last time. There's a littler more pain because more tissue was removed and I have an odd side effect from general anaesthesia: hiccups! Nothing is getting rid of them either. Apparently that happens sometimes. Maybe from the pure oxygen? I hope they go away by morning because they kind of hurt.

Anyway, onto fun stuff. I got another swap package with some lovely dark sock yarn that will be great for work socks. Thanks Kristin. She also sent a beautiful handmade bag. Must resist casting on, must resist casting on.

Ever wondered how to stop people from thinking all that knitting at lunch is crazy? Bring in a drop spindle and spin on your lunch hour! Knitting will start to seem incredibly normal. No more spinning for awhile now though as I am back to not lifting my left arm. But maybe my spinning will improve exponentially in the interim!

I am all about the instant gratification projects at the moment. Last Saturday I made this Saturday Market Bag. What a lovely quick project. I am going to have to rethink my prejudice against cotton. I've always avoided it because I don't care for now it feels in the skein or ball but it was quite nice to knit with. I am very happy with how this bag turned out and think I will get a lot of use out of it, that is, if my mother doesn't steal it.


I am now knitting a Sophie purse, a magknits refugee. I haven't seen it republished anywhere yet so if you want it, I recommend going to the wayback machine or google cache. I'm using the Knit One Crochet Too I received in a swap. I love the colours though I did have some trouble with breakage with the first ball. Don't panic though, it sounds like this problem has been resolved except for a few bad balls floating around. I haven't had a problem with the second ball so I would be inclined to believe that's true. As the bag will be felted I'm not concerned. I'm close to done the bag part and have decided to make beaded handles. My coworker bought some beautiful beads at the bead store near Three Bags Full that she isn't going to use so I am going to buy those from her. I don't have a picture yet but I'll take one before I felt it. I am both excited and nervous at the prospect of putting wool through the wash on purpose. Hopefully I'll be done tomorrow.

No comments: