Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 in review

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
2008 was an eventful year. I graduated. I met the love of my life. Then I moved in with him. Went on a last minute trip to Paris. Visited the Musee D’Orsay…
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I believe I resolved to be happy. I think I accomplished that.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I wouldn’t say we’re close but my cousin did
4. Did anyone close to you die?
A good friend of my grandparents. I had known him my whole life. Come to think of it, my mother knew him her whole life.
5. What countries did you visit?
I went to the US twice, both times to Seattle and I went to France
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
you know, 2008 was a very fulfilling year. I can’t think of anything that was really lacking
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
It’s interesting that the day I found out I had a new breast tumour and the days of the two surgeries aren’t high on the list here. Instead the days I remember most are April 1, my first date with Augie and May 11, the date I really started to fall in love with him
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Graduating! And surviving two crazy semesters to do so
9. What was your biggest failure?
I prefer to think of them as learning experiences ;)
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
The breast tumour that took two surgeries to deal with. Hopefully this is the last year I’ll be dealing with that
11. What was the best thing you bought?
my spinning wheel and lots of yarn
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Augie
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Over the past few years I have made a concerted effort not to let the behavior of others affect me in a negative way
14. Where did most of your money go?
spinning, knitting, travel (this is not counting rent or the car)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
meeting Augie, Paris, going to France
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
La Vie en Rose – I sang that a lot in Paris for some reason
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? – happier, so much happier
b) thinner or fatter? - The same. This never changes
c) richer or poorer? – Poorer financially but richer in the ways that count
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
knit, spun, spent time with friends
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
worrying about school
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family and Augie. We’re going East in January for belated Christmases with his parents
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
yes
22. What was your favorite TV program?
CSI
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No. Hate is a wasted emotion
24. What was the best book you read?
Free Range Knitter – Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
nothing comes to mind
26. What did you want and get?
Augie, spinning wheel, a degree
27. What did you want and not get?
nothing stands out
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
The only movie I saw was Wall-E
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 26 and I had dinner with friends
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
can’t imagine a more satisfying year
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
I need to do laundry chic
32. What kept you sane?
knitting, Augie, Ravelry (not necessarily in that order)
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
no one
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
all the elections
35. Who did you miss?
I miss my cat Desi now that she doesn’t live with me
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Augie!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
love will come to you when you least expect it, sometimes when you aren’t even sure you want it
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
this year was too much of a mixed bag to be summarized in a lyric

No comments: