Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Momentum

I’ll admit, for a while there knitting wasn’t all that fun. I became so focused on finishing the sweater that I lost sight of the joy of it, at least until I was in the home stretch. It’s another reminder for me that I am not good at deadline knitting. As soon as I think I have to do something I instinctively react against it. Although giving myself a schedule helped me get the sweater done on time, I think it also made me enjoy the process less. In the future I am going to try to avoid this. After all, I knit because I like it, not because I have to.

I’ve had a lot of knitting momentum since finishing the sweater. I completed the first sock of a pair on Christmas Day and knit a pair of felted clogs over the weekend as well. I have one more sock (half finished) and a hat to do and I’m done gift knitting. Which means I’ve been spending time on Ravelry contemplated what I’m going to make next. First on the list is a second sock out of Unwind Yarns sportweight. I need more socks! Knitpicks graciously replaced my needle tip so I can take the sock out of hibernation. I also want to finish my Central Park Hoodie (hibernating since August! Sheesh!). After that I think I’ll work on Icarus. Other projects I want to knit this year include the Nederland vest and Tilted Duster. I may also exchange the two skeins of Cascade Eco I have left from the Fog Sweater for another colour. I’d like to make Hemlock ring but I’d prefer it in gray or beige.

I have ten skeins of sock yarn on their way to Vermont, where they will be waiting for me when I arrive in January. Since I already have…. well let’s just say too many, skeins of sock yarn, I am on a sock yarn diet. At least until I’ve knit more socks.

No comments: