Sunday, March 30, 2008

Bad day

Today hasn't been a good day. This morning I found out that a woman who was much beloved on a forum I belong to, lost her battle with breast cancer. She was 'mama Cath' to us and while we all knew it was coming, it's still a tough blow.

And then I discovered something wrong with my kitty Desi. She's been acting a bit off the last few days, though nothing really alarming and when I took her collar off I discovered a needle sticking out of her neck! Unfortunately there was thread attached so she had emergency surgery and we won't know until tomorrow if she's going to make it. She's just 10 months old and I am just devastated. I love that cat more than I have ever loved an animal. She's definitely my furbaby and I'll be heartbroken if she doesn't pull through. And of course I feel like a terrible kitty mommy over it.

No comments: