Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Swapping

There were a few articles posted on Ravelry this week about swapping, including some pros and cons. In my brief time as a knitter I have participated in 2 swaps and am moderating another more ongoing one.

It's been a stressful few weeks. I've had midterms and deadlines at work and on top of that I'm waiting for results from a medical test. In other words, I needed a pick me up. A skein of sock yarn and some chocolate would have made me very happy.

But sometimes you get really lucky. I had my package delivered to my office because fedex always picks the two minutes no one's home to be at my house. Here's what was inside:


When my mom saw it she commented that it rivaled her Christmas present to me this year, and she's right. Among the many wonderful treats stuffed inside a gorgeous knitting bag were 6 (six!) Addi circular needles, 2 skeins of sock yarn, a fingerless glove kit, 4 skeins of Mauch Chunky and so much more that the mind reels.

It's not exaggerating to say that I was almost in tears. And while the quantity of stuff is wonderful, the response had more to do with the fact that someone I don't even know, took the time and effort and thought to put this together for me. To me, that is the great thing about swaps.

So if you happen to be in Wisconsin, please look up Maisyknits Yarn Shop. I would if it weren't so far away.

No comments: