Monday, January 21, 2008

Two FOs and a sock in progress

Hey look my first sweater! Okay so a sweater that is knit on big needles in a lace pattern with bulky yarn isn't the hugest accomplishment but I'm still proud of it. This is the first thing I've knit that needs to fit and I am happy to say that it does.



I subbed with Manos del Uruguay and really recommend this yarn for this pattern. One caveat though: Manos is not like the recommended yarn (Malabrigo or Handpaintedyarn.com) which are plied yarns while Manoes is a thick and thin unplied. Personally I like how this works up in the Cherie Amour pattern but not everyone will.

I made socks!


I had the opposite of second sock syndrome with these. I was so thrilled to finish the first one successfully that I sailed through the second sock. They're so comfy to wear and I love the bright colours.

Having gotten over the hurdle of my first socks I cast on for the pair I promised my sister. I knit most of this while attending the Canadian Figure Skating Championships which were held here in Vancouver this past week. There are a lot of breaks in skating so knitting and skating watching are highly compatible activities. I am almost done the leg of the first sock.

I'm knitting these in Fleece Artist sock yarn with size 2.5mm needles. I'm using a combination of a few basic sock patterns. I believe the colourway is Hercules and I am quite enjoying it. I may have to find some more of it to make socks for me!

No comments: