Wednesday, February 13, 2008

FO: Socks for the sister



It is a true show of love to knit socks for someone you know will abuse them. There will be no careful handwashing of these. My sister is not really a sock person normally. She's the type to wear barefeet and sandals unless there is actually snow on the ground (and there have been times...) so it was nice that she really wanted handknit socks.

I am such a project knitter. I have been dying to finish these so I could start on a pair of Colinette Jitterbug socks for myself. I can't stand having more than two, maybe three projects on the go at once and they have to be different types of projects, ie I can't have two pairs of socks on the go at once. My other project at the moment is the Storm Water shawl out of Seasilk. This is strictly at home knitting because I am too paranoid to bring it anywhere.

I'm also trying to design a blanket for my cousin's baby, which is due in March so I need to get going. I don't expect to finish before it's born but I'd like to get within a few months at least. It's my first attempt at designing so I hope it works out.

No comments: