Thursday, February 21, 2008

Hodge Podge

I'm making my first attempts at design right now. I decided I wanted to make a blanket for my cousin's baby and since I couldn't find a pattern that really spoke to me I decided to create my own. Seriously though, leave it to me to decide that my first original design should be a circular blanket with lace when I have never a) made a pattern or b) knit something that is a circle. I think I've got the chart mostly figured out and now I need to master the circular cast on. I may need to make a trip to the LYS for that because somehow it's just not working out for me.

I've got a serious case of senioritis right now. In my head I finished school two years ago when I took time off to travel. It was supposed to be a semester, maybe two but then I got a full time job and a semester turned into 5. I have 4 courses left, 2 this semester and 2 in the summer and I am just not interested. My usual I have to get an A or I will DIE attitude is gone, not necessarily a bad thing but I'm much less motivated than usual. I'm going to have to get my butt into some serious gear though.

Yesterday was the 2 year anniversary since my first surgery. It was sort of bittersweet. The chances of recurrence go down significantly after two years. I'm still mad that it's happening again. But that just means that there will have to be a huge celebration when the next surgery happens.

No comments: