Monday, June 9, 2008

Secret Pal Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely not like? I love all natural fibers, particularly animal fibers and silk. I don’t have any particular favourite yarns but I really enjoy trying yarns I can’t easily get in Canada.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? a shoebox lol
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I’ve only been knitting since October 2007 but I take the concept of fearless knitting to extremes so I knit intermediate to advanced patterns
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No.
5. What’s your favorite scent? Any fruity scent, lavender, vanilla
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I try to combat my sweet tooth. My weakness is chocolate and skittles
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I am learning to spin and hope to acquire a wheel soon
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) LOL I have to admit I really hate this question, so much so that I am writing a term paper on it. I don’t like any particular kind of music so feel free to introduce me to new stuff
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand? I love colour. I especially like deeply saturated colours like dark purples, burgundies, dark blues. The only colours I don’t like are orange, yellow and bright red
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I have a cat
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I don’t wear ponchos but I wear everything else
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? All of it. I knit a lot of socks and shawls, hoping to start my first real sweater soon
13. What are you knitting right now? Hanami
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Love it!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I mostly knit with circs or DPNs. I don’t have a preference between wood and metal. I love my harmony interchangeables and my small but growing collection of Addis.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes, both
17. How old is your oldest UFO? I don’t have any
18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas and Easter. Wait, does my birthday count? lol
19. Is there anything that you collect? Other than yarn? Postcards and souvenir pins
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Hmmm. I’d love more back issues of Interweave. My Ravelry library is up to date on what I have. I would also like to have more knitting notions like stitch markers
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn? Fair isle and magic loop
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Definitely! I am a women’s 7. Most women’s medium sock patterns fit me well
23. When is your birthday? May 3
24. What’s your Ravelry ID? Megknitficent

No comments: